Relocation Specialist (ReloSpec) has grown in many ways. Today there are more brokers using ReloSpec than ever before with more than 100 added in the last six months! With so many brokers using ReloSpec it is likely that your outgoing broker to broker referral is going to another ReloSpec user.
Today we are announcing a powerful new feature that synchronizes your outbound referral with the corresponding record in the “target” database. The target database is the ReloSpec database to which you are sending your outbound referral. This new feature is a free upgrade for all ReloSpec databases.
How does this work?
Let’s say you have an outgoing referral. When selecting the Contact (the broker to send the referral to) you would use the ‘Brokers Using ReloSpec’. In the Contact section of the ADD NEW RECORD page click the ‘Brokers Using ReloSpec’ link. Enter the fields that help identify the target broker such as the 2-letter abbreviation for the State and the City in the Cities Served field. Click the APPLY FILTER button to display the brokers meeting your search criteria. Select the broker you want to use and click the button at the top of the page. The target broker’s information is inserted into your record. More importantly the database name of the broker is also entered into the record so that when you click the SEND button the target database name is automatically entered and the two databases are synchronized!
Now, when the target broker updates the Assigned Agent information, your database is automatically updated with all the agent information and you and your Referring Agent get an email with the Assigned Agent information. When the Status is updated you receive an email notification. In addition, whenever any of the following fields are updated in the target database, the corresponding fields in your database are updated: Transaction Address, Estimated Close Date, Estimated Sale Price, Actual Close Date and Sale Price.
What about the Notes?
Soon, any ‘Public’ Notes that are added by the target database will automatically be inserted into your Responses table where you may review them. Whether a Quick Note or regular note you’ll know what’s happening with that referral. Plus, when the Assigned Agent responds to an update request and the other user is processing those responses ReloSpec will automatically insert a copy of the response at the time you process them. This gives you a chance to view and edit the response before it is moved to your Notes table and is inserted into the target Responses page.
Advantages for the SENDING Broker
- When used with the ‘Brokers Using ReloSpec’ page the other broker’s ReloSpec Database ID is automatically stored in your outgoing record.
- When you use the SEND button the target database ID is automatically inserted into the Send page. Just click SEND and a copy of your record is inserted into the other (target) database.
- When the target database has selected the Assigned Agent, your database is updated automatically and you and the Referring Agent receive an email with the Agent contact info.
- When other fields in the target database are updated, the corresponding fields in your database are updated.
- When (Public) notes are added to the Notes table in the target database, the same note is inserted into your Responses page.
Advantages to the RECEIVING (Target) Broker
- You receive the Incoming referral to your Import table. (Nothing to re-enter into your database!)
- When you assign the Agent to the referral, you automatically update the Assigned Agent fields in the Sender’s record. You don’t have to take a separate step to let them know the details.
- When you receive updates from the Assigned Agent in your Responses page, ReloSpec will look to see if the record is synchronized and if it is, then when you ‘process’ the record in your Responses page ReloSpec will send a copy of the comments to the Responses page in the Sender’s database.
- Quick Notes and regular Notes that are ‘Public’ will automatically be inserted into the Responses page of the Sender’s database so they can review them when processed will be inserted into their Notes.
What should I do now?
How does all this happen? It begins with you having accurate information in the Brokers Using ReloSpec table. From the Main Menu page click SETTINGS, then click the ‘Brokers Using ReloSpec’ button at the bottom of the first column. If you database does not yet have an entry the ADD NEW page will open and allow you to enter your information. Enter your information in each of the fields. NOTE: The ‘Cities Served’ field is VERY important. That is where you’ll enter all the cities you service. Think in terms of another broker looking for someone who works in the various cities in your area. You want them to find you! So, enter all the cities if they’re not already there. It is best to separate the Cities Served by a semicolon and a space.
You may have as many records in the Brokers Using ReloSpec page as you like. Some people like to group the Cities Served into different records while others put them all into one record. Either way will work.
In order for this to work you must use the SEND button to send your outgoing referral to the other broker using ReloSpec. That is how the two databases get synchronized for that one record. And, using the ‘Brokers Using ReloSpec’ link to find and select the target broker is the easiest way to get the target database name into your record.
So, BE SURE you have updated your ‘Brokers Using ReloSpec’ page in Settings.
Training is available
To register for the 30-minute Web Seminar on using the SEND button next Monday at 2:00PM Central time, click here
To view the Training Video on ‘Editing your Brokers Using ReloSpec’ page click here
To view the Training Video on how to use the ‘Brokers Using ReloSpec’ page click here
To view the Training Video on ‘How to Use the SEND Button’ click here
Though not mentioned in this article, to register for the 30-minute Web Seminar on using the new AP (Action Plans) button next Monday at 1:00PM Central time, click here